Thursday 11 December 2014

The Hobbit. The Desolation of Smaug.




I really didn’t expect to watch the second part of Peter Jackson’s trilogy but getting a loan of a copy of the Blu-ray rather forced my hand. But I’m afraid to say that I still had the same problem with the penultimate movie as I had had with the first. The problem really  is obvious, the dragging out of such a small novel of well under 300 pages to fit a movie timescale of over eight hours and still make it interesting has not succeeded and although The Hobbit. The Desolation of Smaug (2013) is not as boring or mind numbing as An Unexpected Journey (2012) it still plodded along somewhat tediously with many of the scenes going on far to long. And ladies and gentlemen there is still another 144minutes to go! Don’t get me wrong its a fine story and one that could have been fitted into a single film, think of the excitement that would be generated, it has a fine cast, miraculously shrunken down in size to play all the height disadvantaged people. My best advice, that I should have taken, would be to give Mr Jackson’s trilogy a miss – unless you suffer from insomnia.

No comments:

Post a Comment